PORT ALLEN - Two Florida men arrested in Louisiana last week after confessing to beating a Florida woman to death have been formally charged with murder and other crimes, West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Mike Cazes said Wednesday.

Authorities in Volusia County, Fla., charged Tyler J. McClain 24, and Bradley A. Suntich, 25, with first-degree murder and attempted murder in the June 9 killing of Laura Hill, 53, and the beating of her daughter, Angela M. Hill, 25, Cazes said.

The women and both suspects are from Port Orange, Fla.

Suntich and McClain are scheduled to appear in a Port Allen courtroom Thursday as authorities move to have the pair extradited to Florida.

In addition to counts of first-degree murder and attempted murder, Florida authorities also charged McClain with armed robbery and grand theft auto, according to an arrest warrant, Cazes said.

Louisiana authorities booked McClain on four counts of littering, no seat belt, possession of stolen things and three counts of drug possession, the warrant says.

Florida authorities charged Suntich with first-degree murder, attempted felony murder, armed robbery and grand theft, an arrest warrant shows.

Louisiana authorities booked Suntich with reckless operation, aggravated resisting arrest by flight, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, speeding, criminal mischief, improper license plate display, failure to stop at a stop sign, no seat belt and four counts of littering, the warrant shows.

West Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputies attempted to pull over Suntich and McClain on Interstate 10 early in Friday morning for driving a vehicle with a partially obscured license plate, Cazes said.

The pair sped up, reaching speeds over 100 miles per hour while leading two deputies and a State Police trooper on a 12-mile chase along the interstate into Iberville Parish, Cazes said.

With deputies and a trooper in pursuit, the men were seen throwing objects believed to be drugs out of the 2007 Toyota sport utility vehicle they stole from Laura Hill, Cazes said.

Investigators said Suntich and McClain swallowed several pills during the chase in an attempt to get rid of evidence.

The suspects eventually pulled off the interstate at the Grosse Tete exit and onto dead-end Sidney Road, Cazes said.

When the pair saw the dead-end sign, they attempted to turn around, but collided with the trooper’s patrol car, the sheriff said.

After authorities arrested McClain and Suntich, the men told investigators they beat two women to death with a hammer in Port Orange and then stole the SUV, Cazes said.

After questioning the men, deputies called police in Port Orange and told them they needed to check into the pair’s story, Cazes said.

Florida police arriving at the women’s house forced their way inside and found Laura Hill dead and Angela Hill unconscious, Cazes said.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported Friday that McClain had an on-again, off-again relationship with Angela Hill.