Eatel Corp. awarded Reach a Kid, Teach a Kid grants worth $500 each to 10 Ascension Parish educators during a ceremony Oct. 17 in Gonzales.
Recipients, listed with their schools and how they will spend their grants, are:
- Carla Babin, Gonzales Middle School, Cooking — A Sensational Experience
- Michelle Barrett, Donaldsonville Primary School, basic classroom supplies
- Patricia Cardwell, Donaldsonville High School, Spinning our Wheels and Creating Job Skills
- Britne’ Edmonston, Lake Elementary School, Teaching Great Minds to Think Greater — A Google Initiative for a Stronger Parent-Teacher-Student Alliance
- Vicki May, Spanish Lake Primary, You Never Forget a Face … Especially a Phonic Face
- Jason Naquin, Lakeside Primary School, Healthy for a Buck — Fruit and Vegetable Stand
- Cassandra Northrup, Lakeside Primary School, Breaking Down the Numbers
- Hope Novak, Spanish Lake Primary School, Phonic Faces Saves the Day
- Mandy Perret, Dutchtown High School, Breaking Out of the Box with BREAKOUT EDU
- Courtney Vincent, St. Amant High School, Growing Gator Nation News
The company launched its Reach a Kid, Teach a Kid grant program 15 years ago to fund creative programs in the classroom. Judges outside Eatel chose the grant recipients from a pool of applicants.