Nine men and women were booked Monday in Ascension Parish on multiple drug counts, the sheriff's office reported.
Ascension Parish Sheriff's detectives, along with U.S. Marshals officers, went with an arrest warrant to the Gonzales home of Joseph Babin, wanted on a count of second-degree cruelty to juveniles, and found Babin and eight others, according to a Sheriff's Office news release.
The officers found illegal narcotics in the home and, executing a search warrant, seized a quantity of drugs, including marijuana and methamphetamine, along with drug paraphernalia and several weapons, the Sheriff's Office said.
The following were each booked into the Ascension Parish jail on counts of possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of psilocybin and possession of drug paraphernalia:
• Joseph Babin, 31, 43258 Norwood Road, Gonzales.
• Casey Scott, 19, 18094 Conthia St., Prairieville.
• Morgan Sullivan, 21, 18025 Grace St., Prairieville.
• Sarah Tarrow, 22, 45132 Robin Trail Road, St. Amant.
• Emmanual Castillo, 32, 43258 Norwood Road, Gonzales.
• Mathew Lambert, 29, 43264 Moody Dixon Road, Prairieville.
• Steven Harris, 30, 43244 Norwood Road, Gonzales.
• Michael Milliet, 31, 17140 La. 44, Prairieville.
• Justin Landry, 30, of 43258 Norwood Road, Gonzales, was booked on the above drug counts, as well as two counts of illegal carrying of weapons.