BAKER — The improper use of electrical extension cords is blamed for a fire late Tuesday night that heavily damaged a house at 4415 Heath Drive, Baker Fire Department spokesman Howard Ward said.

The fire was reported at 10:39 p.m. and brought under control about 45 minutes later, Ward said. Damage was estimated at $95,000.

Firefighters went through heavy smoke and heat to extinguish a blaze in a bedroom and later had to remove the roof over the room because insulation 3 inches thick in the roof was smoldering inside each section, Ward said.

No one was injured, and the Red Cross was called to assist the home’s three occupants, Ward said.