Postponed election set to open
Early voting is 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 22 to July 4, except Sunday.
Early voting is at 11048 Bank St., Clinton, in East Feliciana Parish; and 5932 Commerce St., Governmental Complex, St. Francisville, in West Feliciana.
Election day is July 11, and voting is at the voter’s regular location.
Both parishes will vote on:
- presidential nominees for Democratic Party and Republican Party
- committee members for the Democratic Party and Republican Party
- Judge, Court of Appeal, 1st Circuit, 3rd Dist., Division D
East Feliciana will vote on:
- Jackson mayor
- Slaughter mayor
- Norwood mayor
- Slaughter chief of police
- Jackson marshal
- Norwood aldermen
- Jackson board of trustees
- Aldermen for Slaughter were elected unopposed.
West Feliciana had one local race, justice of the peace, and James H. "Jim" Groody Jr. was elected unopposed.
As we reopen....
Things are slowly reopening in various forms.
While a lot of things aren’t happening, such as in-person day camps, there are activities out there.
Please let us know what your organization is doing so we can let others know.
We are publishing on Wednesdays now, so we need your news by noon on the Friday before publication. Please send news for East and West Feliciana to email@example.com and news for the Zachary-Baker area to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A blood drive will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, June 19, at RKM Primary Care, 11990 Jackson St., Clinton. Every donor will receive a pint of blue bell ice cream.
- Judson Retreat Center said on Facebook that it is hosting a free Virtual Kids Camp (1-6 grade) June 29 through July 3. The center also is offering to work with churches wanting to host a day camp on church property. Visit Judsonretreat.org to get details on what the camp is doing. Also, don’t forget that other camps in the area are hosting events open beyond their usual groups, so check them out.
- The East Feliciana 4-H Program is hosting a Summer Reading Challenge, open to all youth who live in East Feliciana Parish, whether they are in 4-H or not. For information visit https://bit.ly/2AUDXHb.
- Don’t forget to sign up for summer reading programs at the East Baton Rouge Parish Library or Audubon Regional Library. Programs will be digital this year. Information is available at ebrpl.com and audubonregional.net.
- The East Feliciana High Class of 2020 will have an in-person graduation ceremony at 7 p.m. June 25 on the football field at East Feliciana Middle School, 10410 Plank Road, Clinton. Practice will be from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. that morning. Tickets can be picked up at the high school from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, June 22. Each student is allowed five tickets. Students or parents can pick up and sign for tickets only for that student. Each student’s guests must sit together and 6 feet away from other guests. In case of rain, the event moves into the gym and tickets are limited to two per student. Those guests will be chosen when tickets are picked up. Any student debts must be paid by Thursday, June 18, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. during the week.