Five seniors from Catholic High School are finalists in the 2018 National Merit Scholarship competition.
- Ryan Aultman, son of Aimee and Chad Aultman, attended St. Aloysius School
- Stephen Gaudin, son of Anne Marie and Steve Gaudin, attended St. Thomas More School
- Andrew Harris, son of Jennifer and Tim Harris, attended St. Thomas More School
- Adam Langlois, son of Ann and Eric Langlois, attended Sacred Heart of Jesus School
- Jason Marxsen, son of Allyson and Chad Marxsen, attended Most Blessed Sacrament School
The finalists were chosen from a nationwide pool of 16,000 semifinalists, representing less than 1 percent of high school seniors in the United States, a news release said. Finalists will compete for approximately 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $33 million, which will be awarded later this spring. Merit Scholars are chosen based on skills, accomplishments and potential for college success.