The man authorities say killed local TV host Scott Rogers died in a hospital Friday afternoon from the self-inflicted gunshot wound he sustained the day of Rogers’ homicide.

Mathew Hodgkinson, 36, who had been in a coma for more than a week, died about 2:40 p.m. Friday, according to Iberville Parish Sheriff Brett Stassi.

Authorities have said Hodgkinson fatally shot Rogers, 52, in the head on Aug. 27 before turning the gun on himself.

The shooting happened on the same day that Hodgkinson and Rogers’ daughter testified before a federal grand jury investigating claims that Rogers, a native of England, had filed false information on naturalization and adoption records.

Iberville Parish authorities said their investigation revealed Hodgkinson was in a sham marriage with Rogers’ daughter and that Hodgkinson and Rogers were lovers.

A man in federal protective custody told The Advocate that both he and Hodgkinson, who also went by the name Hodgkins, were sexually abused by Rogers as teenagers in England. They moved to America and remained entangled with Rogers, whom the victim described as a master manipulator, for more than 20 years.

Investigators said they concluded last week’s shooting was a case of murder-suicide based on a note Hodgkinson left on a night stand next to Rogers’ bed.

The note made reference to federal authorities acting to have two children — Rogers’ 10-year-old adopted son and a 2-year-old boy Rogers was in the process of adopting — removed from the Rogers home more than a week earlier.

The note read: “They broke our happy, loving home. They do not get to take Scott too.”

Officials with the Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office and the parish’s Coroner’s Office did not know Friday whether Hodgkinson’s life ended through natural causes or because he was taken off life support.

Stassi said an autopsy will be performed early next week.

Since Rogers’ death, details have surfaced about a sordid past in England that include accusations of molesting teens at a dance school he ran.

Hodgkinson is believed to have been a student at one of the dance academies Rogers owned and managed in England.

Stassi described the marriage between Hodgkinson and Rogers’ daughter, Kimberly Ann Scott-Rogers, as a ruse to ensure Hodgkinson wouldn’t be deported.

Stassi said Friday that while Hodgkinson’s death ended their criminal investigation into Rogers’ death, their deeper investigation into any other possible criminal activity the men were involved in is still ongoing.

Police have obtained warrants to search surveillance camera footage at Rogers’ house as well as a laptop computer and phone records.

“We’re going to follow through with it until the end,” Stassi said. “If we run across any other crimes that happened in the parish involving other people besides the two that are now deceased, we will pursue them.”

As of Thursday, Stassi said he has not received any complaints of child molestation against Rogers since he migrated to the United States.

Federal officials, meanwhile, said this week that they have ended their investigation into whether Rogers lied on naturalization and adoption records in the wake of his death.

Follow Terry Jones on Twitter, @tjonesreporter.