Showering alone in a community bathroom at a LSU dormitory Wednesday night, a young woman watched as a tall silhouette passed by her stall and entered the shower next to hers.

The college student later told LSU police that the person disappeared into the stall and turned on loud music. After five minutes, the music stopped.

The young woman, fully disrobed, then noticed a cellphone suspended near the small gap between the floor and the stall divider. The phone’s camera piece pointed straight up at her, and the student believed it was either recording video or snapping pictures of her, she later told a detective.

In response, the young woman wrapped herself in a towel and confronted the person — a tall man with braids in his hair and not a stitch of clothing covering his body. The man, later identified as 27-year-old Mystyr Terry Stewart Jr., a convicted sex offender from Texas, told her with a smirk that he had dropped his phone, according to a warrant for his arrest.

Stewart wasn’t trying to cover himself up. In fact, it seemed as if he was showing off his body to the young woman, she told investigators.

As she left the bathroom in Herget Hall, the student saw the man enter a dorm room nearby.

She told some other dorm residents about what happened in an attempt to learn the identity of the suspicious man. The other residents identified him as “Mystyr.” And soon, the young woman figured out another student on her floor — who lived in the room where she saw the man enter — was Facebook friends with a “Mystyr Stewart,” according to the warrant.

Armed with a suspect, the young woman called LSU police. They soon arrived and attempted to find Stewart. Instead, they found Kayla Nicole Crear, a resident of the room Stewart was seen entering.

Crear, 19, told police she knew the man as Jeremy Sanders. “Mystyr” was just a nickname and she didn’t know where he was, Crear told investigators.

Not long after that interview, surveillance video captured Crear leaving Herget Hall with Stewart, according to an affidavit of probable cause.

She returned about 11 a.m. Thursday and was soon detained by police. She told detectives she hadn’t seen Stewart since 9 p.m. the night before and “continued to lie during the interview until the surveillance footage of her and Stewart leaving together was shown to her,” a detective wrote in the affidavit.

Crear then opened up, telling police she drove Stewart to Beaumont, Texas, in the middle of the night and dropped him off at a Greyhound bus station. She told them he was headed to Waco, which isn’t far from Marlin, Texas, the tiny central Texas town where both Stewart and Crear hail from.

Police then arrested Crear and booked her into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a count of accessory after the fact to video voyeurism. She posted $5,000 bail on Friday and was released, booking records show.

Also on Friday, authorities apprehended Stewart in Waco after LSU police issued the warrant for his arrest on a count of video voyeurism, said Capt. Cory Lalonde, a LSU police spokesman.

Officials will begin Monday working out how and when Stewart might be extradited back to Louisiana, Lalonde said.

Marlin police told LSUPD investigators that Stewart, a registered sex offender there, did not tell anyone he was leaving the state. Marlin police also told them that Stewart is on probation for an armed robbery conviction outside of Robertson County, where Marlin sits, that bars Stewart from leaving the state, according to the warrant for his arrest.

In 2001, Stewart was convicted on aggravated sexual assault, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety’s sex offender registry.

No one was available to speak Saturday from the Marlin Police Department.