Baton Rouge police are trying to identify a man customers saw masturbating at American Thrift Store, 9598 Cortana Place, on Aug. 13 between 12:30 p.m. and 12:48 p.m., according to a news release.
He is a light-complexioned black man, between 5 feet 9 inches and 6 feet tall, heavy build, with a mustache, wearing blue shorts and a white T-shirt, the release says.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect is urged to contact the Sex Crimes Division at (225) 389-3853 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Police: Man arrested in forcible rape case
A man was arrested Friday after he held a hunting knife to a woman’s throat and forced her to have sex, according to an arrest warrant.
Derek Blair Dukes, 42, 14140 Azalea Park, was booked Friday by the Baton Rouge Police Department with forcible rape, Parish Prison records show.
The attack occurred on Aug. 25 when the woman was walking in the 1200 block of Aster Street and was offered a ride by Dukes to a Chevron gas station on Nicholson Drive, the warrant says.
After Dukes and the woman left the gas station, Dukes drove to a grassy area and raped her, the warrant says.
Dukes threw the knife in the back seat of the vehicle during the attack, the warrant says.
Fearing that she would be killed, the victim grabbed the knife and stabbed Dukes in the left abdominal area, the warrant says. During the struggle, Dukes hit the woman in the face with his hand, the warrant says.
Police matched DNA from the knife to Dukes, the warrant says.
Police: Suspect had sex with juvenile
A Baton Rouge man was arrested Thursday in having sex with a juvenile, according to an arrest warrant.
Eugene Suave Smith, 20, 4150 Mohican-Prescott Crossover, Apt. 203, was booked into Parish Prison on one count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, booking records show.
Smith and the girl, whose age was not released, had sex twice last month, in an abandoned apartment and in Smith’s apartment, the warrant says.
Pedestrian injured when struck by car
A man is in the hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was hit Thursday night by a car in the 12400 block of Florida Boulevard, a Police Department news release says.
The incident occurred at 8:08 p.m. on the north side of the service road, the release says.
The driver of a 1992 Toyota Corolla told police he was traveling east on the service road when the pedestrian, who he did not see, landed on top of the car, the release says.
When officers arrived, they found the pedestrian lying in the road unresponsive with serious injuries, the release says.
According to the initial investigation, the pedestrian was walking north and crossing Florida Boulevard when he was hit.
The incident is still under investigation and there are no updates on the pedestrian’s status, police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said Friday afternoon.
Authorities arrest 10 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Barry Battieste, 48, 1238 S. 16th St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper turns and failure to signal.
• Michelle Billodeau, 22, 2210 Christian St., first-offense DWI, failure to signal, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Caleb Fagan, 20, 10637 Hillwood Ave., Zachary, third-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, motor vehicle inspection required, hit and run, and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Alisha Ladmirault, 40, 2001 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., first-offense DWI and speeding.
• Michael Land, 29, 31655 Reininger Road, Denham Springs, third-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Quintin Martinez, 45, 5859 Quida Mae Drive, first-offense DWI, driving over median and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Chase Miller, 24, 5236 Brightside View Drive, first-offense DWI, following too close and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Wiley Mizell, 48, 6336 Landmor Drive, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and headlights required.
• Audrey Vanner, 53, 5510 Truman Drive, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Alden Warner, 31, 4500 Sherwood Common Blvd., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.