An overloaded extension cord sparked a fire at a Baton Rouge home Monday, causing minor smoke damage but no injuries.

Firefighters responded to 4535 Paige St., at 12:26 p.m. to find a pile of clothes and a portion of a bedroom wall on fire in the home, said Curt Monte, a spokesman for the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

Two residents were home at the time, but neither was injured, Monte said.

The fire was brought under control by 12:47 p.m., and the damage was contained to the area where the fire was found, he said. The rest of house received minor smoke damage.

Monte said fire damage to the house is estimated to cost $8,000.

Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents.