Baton Rouge fire department BRFD

Advocate file photo

Baton Rouge firefighters responded to a newly remodeled but vacant house fire Friday caused by electrical issues, fire department officials said. 

The fire took place around 3:25 p.m. in the 2100 block of San Clemente Drive, said Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Mark Miles. Units arrived to find smoke coming from the house, beginning at the rear near where the air conditioning feeds into the building.

Firefighters had the fire under control within 10 minutes.