An unattended pot left on a stove is suspected as source of an apartment fire at the Spanish Villa Apartments that caused minimal damage to the unit.

The tenant of Apt. 10 at Spanish Villa, 4380 Mohican-Prescott Crossover, was in the laundry room when the fire began shortly before 1:30 p.m., Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said.

Firefighters arrived to find the kitchen in flames, Monte said. They were able to keep the fire from spreading, but not before the kitchen was destroyed.

The rest of the apartment received smoke damage, Monte said.

No one was injured, Monte said.