Man dies in house fire _lowres

Braddock Street Fire

A man died in a house fire on Braddock Street early Saturday morning and firefighters don’t know yet what sparked the blaze, the Baton Rouge Fire Department reported.

Firefighters arriving at 1604 Braddock St., around 6 a.m. Saturday found the man on a couch inside the home, said Mark Miles, a BRFD spokesman.

The man, who has not been identified but who was in his early 30s, could not be revived, Miles said.

No one else was home to identify the man, but firefighters determined he did not live at the house, Miles said.

The home was heavily damaged by smoke and fire by the time the flames were extinguished. The home was worth about $100,000 before it took $45,000 in damage.

Foul play is not suspected, Miles added.