Second woman arrested in September armed robbery of six sleepy men on Kleinpeter Road _lowres

Ashley Wiggins, 24

A second woman was arrested Sunday in a September armed stickup of six sleepy men in a Kleinpeter Road home.

Ashley Renee Wiggins, 24, went to the home in the 5700 block of Kleinpeter Road at around 11:30 p.m. Sept. 27 with 25-year-old Melissa Jasmine Taylor and briefly chatted with a man outside while the other five men were sleeping inside the house, an East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office report says.

The two women left but returned minutes later armed with revolvers and trailed by three or four unidentified men carrying assault-style weapons, the report says.

The group barged inside where Taylor and Wiggins directed the men to take the victims’ wallets, money and cellphones, the report says.

Several of the victims in the home were hit in the head with rifle stocks during the robbery, the report says.

The six victims hid in the woods behind the home while waiting for deputies. At least three of the victims had large, open lacerations on their heads and were bleeding profusely when sheriff’s deputies and EMS arrived at the home shortly after midnight.

One of the victims recognized Taylor and was able to point out a photograph of her on a social media site, and two of the victims picked Taylor out of a photo array the next day, according to the report.

Taylor was arrested Oct. 8 and booked on counts of armed robbery, home invasion and aggravated battery.

In mid-October, sheriff’s investigators identified Wiggins as a suspect in the holdup. Three of the victims identified Wiggins as the second woman from a six-photo lineup, the report says.

An arrest warrant for Wiggins, 208 Delphine St., was signed Oct. 26. She was arrested Sunday and booked into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, aggravated battery and aggravated burglary. Booking records show that Wiggins was also wanted on an unrelated Baker theft warrant.

Bail for Wiggins, who remained in Parish Prison Sunday evening, has been set at $200,000.

Taylor also remains in Parish Prison in lieu of $150,000 bail.

The three or four armed men who accompanied the women in the holdup have not yet been identified.