Today in The Rundown: Budget bill advances; lawmakers strip bloated capital outlay list; retirees could get cost-of-living increases; and more.
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session ends: 27
Budget crunch: The state House gets the budget on Thursday, following some tweaks from the Appropriations Committee on Monday. http://bit.ly/21QKg0M
Capital outlay: A Louisiana House panel cut hundreds of millions of infrastructure projects from the state’s construction budget Monday. http://bit.ly/1ZzdJuH
State workers: Retired state workers are close to receiving cost-of-living increases. http://bit.ly/1T2jWLw
Traffic: Some legislators want signs to mark red-light cameras. http://bit.ly/1WkvzDv
License plate readers: A bill that a House panel will hear today would authorize the installation of special cameras in law enforcement vehicles, but there are some questions about the program. http://bit.ly/1UOrrKJ
See all of our coverage of the Louisiana Legislature: http://bit.ly/AdvLALege
Today at the Capitol
House and Senate convene at 2 p.m.
- Appropriations meets at 8:30 a.m. in Room 5.
- Education meets at 9 a.m. in Room 1.
- Insurance meets at 9 a.m. in Room 3.
- Administration of Criminal Justice meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 6.
- Health and Welfare meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 5.
- Environmental Quality meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room A-B.
- Judiciary A meets at 9:30 a.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
- Judiciary B meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room E.
- Judiciary C meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room F.
- 1 p.m. Zeta Sigma Day at the Capitol
- 7 p.m. Louisiana Right to Life Federation’s Bowties for Babies at Capitol Park Museum.