Today in The Rundown: The latest on the state budget, flood recovery and more news from the Louisiana Legislature.
Days until the 2018 regular legislative session must end: 49
Budget: HB1 is slated to be heard in House Appropriations today, with a floor vote on the bill planned for Thursday. http://bit.ly/2HrVd8e
Marriage: State lawmakers are considering a proposal to increase the minimum age to get married in Louisiana. http://bit.ly/2HHqHVT
Gaming: A New Orleans businessman has set out on a fight against a bill in the Legislature that he says is bad for taxpayers. http://bit.ly/2vnkJaa
RestoreLA: Here's the latest on the state's recovery from 2016's floods. http://bit.ly/2J0epqR
The House comes in at 2 p.m., and the Senate convenes at 5:30 p.m.
- Appropriations meets at 9 a.m. in Room 5.
- Transportation, Highways and Public Works meets at 9 a.m. in Room 3.
- Civil Law and Procedure meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 4.
- Ways and Means meets at 10:00 am Room 6.
- Finance meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room A-B.
- Retirement meets at 4 p.m. in Room E.
- Revenue and Fiscal Affairs meets at 4 p.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
Michael Henderson, director of LSU’s Public Policy Research Lab, will speak at the Press Club of Baton Rouge luncheon at noon at the Belle of Baton Rouge.
I feel like I just need to start every conversation with “I’m so sorry” during #lalege session. Pretty sure I’ve been the most unfun person to talk to lately. I’m so sorry...seriously 😬😬😬— Julie Emerson (@JulieEmerson) April 16, 2018
Last week I had the pleasure of sponsoring a House Resolution designating 4.11 Tourism Day at the Capitol. Thanks so much to the tourism industry for all you do to bring visitors to our state! #lalege pic.twitter.com/9x05jxrFLf— Rep. Julie Stokes (@JulieSStokes) April 16, 2018