All lanes are now open Interstate-10 westbound on the Mississippi River Bridge.
Congestion has reached the I-10/12 Junction, according to the DOTD Twitter site.
From looking at the DOTD traffic cameras along the interstate, traffic appears heavy but flowing.
Partly to mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-90s will enhance ground-level ozone formation in Louisiana. However, light to moderate southwesterly winds will disperse pollutants, leading to Good AQI levels statewide on both days.
On Sunday, a slow-moving cold front positioned over Louisiana will produce increasing clouds and widespread rain showers and thunderstorms. These conditions will limit the formation of ozone and disperse pollutants, especially in the southeastern portion of the state. As a result, AQI levels will be Good.
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website: www.deq.louisiana.gov.
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
- • 5200 block of Corporate Bou levard westbound narrowed.
- • 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
- • ELM GROVE GARDEN DRIVE, BETWEEN FAIRCHILD ROAD AND SOUTH ELM GROVE PLACE, CLOSED FROM 9 A.M. TO 5 P.M. FOR BRIDGE REPLACEMENT. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
- • Burbank Drive, between Highland Road and Staring Lane Extension, narrowed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for sewer repairs.
- • BROUSSARD STREET, BETWEEN ACADIAN THRUWAY AND PARKER STREET, NARROWED FROM 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
- • Prescott Road, between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for concrete restoration.
- • VICTORIA DRIVE, BETWEEN AIRLINE HIGHWAY AND PRESCOTT ROAD, CLOSED FROM 9 A.M. TO 6 P.M. FOR SEWER WORK. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: Maribel Drive or Airline Highway to Prescott Road.
- • Victoria Drive, between Airline Highway and Hanks Drive, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for installation of bypass pipe.
- • Twin Oaks Drive, between Heck Young Road and Main Street, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
- • WEST ROOSEVELT STREET, BETWEEN NICHOLSON DRIVE AND RIVER ROAD, CLOSED FROM 7 A.M. TO 5 P.M. FOR SEWER WORK. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: East McKinley Street.
- • LOUISE STREET, BETWEEN THOMAS H. DELPIT DRIVE AND BRADDOCK STREET, CLOSED FROM 7 A.M. TO 5 P.M. FOR SEWER WORK. ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: Terrace Street, Washington Street and Eddie Robinson Sr. Drive.
- • Sorrel Avenue railroad crossing, between Choctaw Drive and Manda Avenue, closed for repair work.
- • Buchanan Street, between Highland Road and Thomas Delpit Drive, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., for sewer work.
- • Ferndale Avenue, between Perkins Road and the dead end, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for concrete work.
- • Stanford Avenue, between West Lakeshore Drive and LSU Avenue, narrowed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
- • Landis Drive, between Greenwell Street and Hanks Drive, closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
- • Carlotta Street, between Ivanhoe Street and the dead end, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
- • Hanks Drive, between Landis Drive and Victoria Drive, closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
ST. JAMES PARISH
- • Eastbound outside lane of La. 70 on Sunshine Bridge closed for bridge work.
WEST BATON ROUGE PARISH
- • Interstate 10, near mile+ marker 153 on Mississippi River Bridge to Exit 139 at Grosse Tete, narrowed from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. for pavement patching.