Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok is also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., an award winning national political consulting firm based in Louisiana. Follow him on Twitter @beychokracing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf.
8. King of All Media: Big win in last needs to find more here but a good price.
2. Broken Key: Seems to like this course with any sort of condition.
3. Bellisima Lady: Rider change and last few are ok enough to win against these.
4. Timuquana Place: A couple of good efforts and fits at this level.
3. Vintons Vi Geaux: Trainer sends runners over here and this one drops as a bonus.
4. Theyankeefuse: Another trainer who has sent some good well meant shippers in.
7. McGeehes Mercy: Willing to forgive the race off the layoff expect better today.
5. Quiet Concert: Certainly prefers the turf and can move up off the claim here.
7. Star Too: Ran some nice races up in Maryland and fits with this group.
1. Lady Loretta: Gets the rail and looks to have some class on the drop down.
2. Remembering Daisy: Ran well despite being rank and in tight most of the race.
8. Double Down Bob: Nice win in last showed some acceleration at Delta — handy.
9. She’s Coal Fired: Drop down and changing surfaces to try to get the win.
8. Starship Journey: Will certainly show some speed here for hot riding Chantal.
8. Super Factor: Has some good efforts at a higher level race so class relief helps.
3. Take Charge Easy: Should like the turf — ran behind some nice ones in last race.
3. I’m Formidable: Back to where she belongs and showed some good speed in last.
4. Royal Mocha: Second start for Glyshaw here and should improve for the barn.
Around the track
Chok’s Choices was thrown for a bit of a loop Friday as they took the first few races off the turf and we had no alternative selections. When the races come off the turf and there are multiple scratches it is a good time to consider betting a few dollars less although on Thursday we hit the last two races — one of which was off the turf — for a nice double and exacta. Let’s hope we get a few days of turf races with full betting fields.
Our best bet Sunday will be in Race 3 No. 3 Vintons Vi Geaux. Comes in with very good form and should handle these today. .
Good luck and may they all come home safely.