1. St. Joseph’s Academy (21-14): The Redstickers of Division I, District 3 have won five of their past seven, including a notable tourney win over Dutchtown.
2. Dutchtown (25-6) and East Ascension (24-8): The Griffins of Division I, District 4 have taken a few lumps over the past week, while district rival East Ascension has remained steady ahead of Tuesday’s nondistrict showdown with SJA.
4. Lee (29-3): The Patriots of Division II, District 4 tacked on two more wins to their impressive total over the past week.
5. St. Amant (13-11): It has been a year of ups and downs for the Gators, who face Dutchtown in a Division I, District 4 showdown Tuesday.
On the outside looking in: Baton Rouge High, Central, McKinley.
Divisions III and below
1. Parkview Baptist (20-9): PBS takes over the top spot by virtue of Division IV, District 3 wins over Dunham and University. The Eagles’ chemistry continues to build.
2. The Dunham School (26-5): The Tigers can use the loss to Parkview as a wake-up call with the playoffs looming in the not so distant future.
3. University (20-10): Last week was a good one for the Cubs, who compiled a 5-1 record.
4. Catholic-PC (17-9): A loss to U-High is good learning tool for the Division V Hornets.
5. St. Michael (13-13): The Warriors of Division III, District 5 appear to be peaking at the right time with five straight wins.
On the outside looking in: Ascension Catholic, The Brighton School, Northeast.