Offensive and defensive players clashed during the physical drill, and Fournette – normally withheld from the drill – jokingly inserted himself before backing out.
Another running back, Darrel Williams, returned to full speed, as well, donning a regular jersey after wearing a gold non-contact jersey Tuesday.
Videos of the winners and losers of the Big Cat drill are below, but, first, a few news nuggets:
- Missing: The only new absentee on Thursday was defensive lineman Deondre Clark. Clark attended pro day on Monday and was at Tuesday’s practice. Kendell Beckwith (twisted knee) continued to be absence, but he says he should return after next week’s spring break. The Tigers’ next practice is March 29.
- Fullback: Remember in this post when RBs coach Jabbar Juluke said Ducre was impressing him? Well, Ducre and Bry’Kiethon Mouton split some of the first-team reps Thursday.
- Team drill: We gave you the No. 1 offense after watching a full-unit drill Tuesday. We watched the defense in a full-unit drill Thursday. Here’s the No. 1 unit:
Big Cat Videos
(winner listed first; defensive players in purple)
- Josh Boutte vs. Sione Teuhema
- Toby Weathersby vs. Isaiah Washington
- (tie) Arden Key vs. Foster Moreau
- Tashawn Bower vs. Jacory Washington
- Devin Voorhies vs. David Ducre
- Jamal Adams vs. Malachi Dupre
- Xavier Lewis vs. D.J. Chark
- Dee Anderson vs. Rickey Jefferson
- Tyron Johnson vs. Saivion Smith
- Brandon Harris vs. Jamal Adams (goal line)