The LSU football team's 2018 commitment class grew to 11 members Monday.
Jaray Jenkins, a receiver from Jena, gave his pledge to the Tigers, he tweeted Monday night. Jenkins, a three-star prospect ranked as the 16th-best in the state for 2018, received an offer from LSU on Monday and immediately committed.
Jenkins holds a handful of non-major conference offers, including Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe and Louisiana-Lafayette. Mississippi State and Kansas offered, too.
Extremely bless to be an Tiger !!!! #GeauxTigers🐯— Say11em✨ (@JenkinsJaray) March 14, 2017
Jenkins becomes the second player to commit to LSU's 2018 class in the past 48 hours, joining Mississippi center Cole Smith. Jenkins is the first receiver in a 2018 commitment class that ranks in the top five nationally, according to 247Sports.com's composite rankings.
Jenkins can make his pledge official on national signing day in February or by enrolling in school in January if he's a midyear enrollee.
LSU 2018 commitment class
- CB Kelvin Joseph, Baton Rouge (Scotlandville)
- DT Davin Cotton, Shreveport (Evangel)
- ILB Damone Clark, Baton Rouge (Southern Lab)
- S Caden Sterns, Cibolo, Texas (Steele)
- S Nadab Joseph, Miami (Edison)
- DE Travez Moore, Wesson (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
- ILB Micah Baskerville, Shreveport (Evangel)
- S ArDarius Washington, Shreveport (Evangel)
- DT Nelson Jenkins, Plaquemine
- OL Cole Smith, Pontotoc, Miss. (Pontotoc)
- WR Jaray Jenkins, Jena