Football is back.
Well, kind of.
LSU began spring practice Sunday with a late-morning drills in the indoor practice facility and plenty of new faces - and new (jersey) numbers.
Safeties coach Bill Busch and offensive line coach James Cregg led their new groups, and guys like Glen Logan had a new number (96 to 97) and a new position (nose guard). Other nuggets from practice are below.
Please keep in mind that the school has not issued a finalized roster.
- NG Ed Alexander did not practice. He stood to the side in a No. 99 jersey watching, along with mid-year enrollee Davin Cotton, who is out for spring while recovering from a knee injury he suffered last fall.
- OT Austin Deculus (wrist) and S Ed Paris (knee) participated in practice in limited roles as they recover from procedures to mend injuries. OT Saahdiq Charles joined Alexander and Cotton in just watching drills. He's expected to miss spring while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery.
- Some notable number changes Logan (96 to 97), WR Racey McMath (81 to 17), CB Kary Vincent (15 to 5), Mannie Netherly (86 to 28).
- A guess at some new guys' numbers: B-OLE Travez Moore (49), ILB Micah Baskerville (23), OT Badara Traore (74), WR Terrace Marshall (6), OG Damien Lewis (68), RB Tae Provens (25), DL Davin Cotton (54, C Cole Smith (67) and TE Zach Sheffer (34).
- CB Kristian Fulton participated in practice. He sat out last season while under suspension, and his eligibility for this year is still murky. He practiced on the scout team last season.
- F-OLB Ray Thornton (Mike Divinity)
- DE Breiden Fehoko (Justin Thomas)
- NG Glen Logan (Tyler Shelvin)
- DE Rashard Lawrence (Neil Farrell)
- B-OLB K'Lavon Chaisson (Andre Anthony)
- Greedy Williams (Kary Vincent, Kristian Fulton)
- Jontre Kirklin (Mannie Netherly)