LSU and Alabama, two teams on the NCAA tournament bubble, continue a weekend series Saturday afternoon. Scroll below for key information, live updates and more about the game.
Paul Mainieri stood on the edge of the dugout and clapped his hands. Landon Marceaux, no longer able to control the outcome of LSU’s game, sat…
- WHEN: 2 p.m. Saturday
- WHERE: Alex Box Stadium
- TV: SEC Network
- ONLINE: SECN+ and Watch ESPN
- RADIO: WDGL-FM, 98.1 (Baton Rouge); WWL-AM, 870 (New Orleans); KLWB-FM, 103.7 (Lafayette)
Can't see the feed below? Click here.
- RANKINGS: LSU and Alabama are unranked, according to Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
- RECORDS: LSU is 31-18 overall, 10-15 in the Southeastern Conference. Alabama is 28-18, 11-13.
- LIKELY STARTERS: LSU – Jr. RHP AJ Labas (3-1, 4.52 ERA, 69.2 IP, 13 BB, 64 SO); UA – Jr. RHP Dylan Smith (1-6, 3.57 ERA, 70.2 IP, 17 BB, 93 SO)
- WHAT TO WATCH FOR: LSU needs to avoid Alabama's closer. Junior right-hander Chase Lee is 6-0 with a 1.29 ERA and six saves in 17 appearances this season, and he has recorded 39 strikeouts over 28 innings. LSU has a propensity for comebacks, but Lee would be tough to beat. The Tigers would be well suited trying to build a lead against Smith, who allowed five runs to Vanderbilt in his last start. Smith is a challenge, though. He hadn't allowed more than five runs in a start this year until he faced the Commodores.
The NCAA announced its 20 potential regional sites Friday morning, and Louisiana Tech was selected as a possible host. LSU was not.
After LSU’s season ended last spring, Drew Bianco had an exit meeting with coach Paul Mainieri. They discussed Bianco’s future on the team, an…