Delly Picks is a new blog series posting each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com.
Mississippi State (+5.5) at Texas A&M
- This is not to say the Aggies won’t win, but the Bulldogs will at least keep it within a touchdown. QB Dak Prescott’s been on a roll, and Arizona State and Arkansas – A&M’s top wins so far – appear to stink.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Aggies are 1-6 against the spread in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record, per Covers.com.
Georgia (-1.5) vs. Alabama
- The Bulldogs get revenge for losses to the Tide in 2008 and 2012, but don’t expect it to be a blowout. If this line were 3.5 or more, we’d be taking the Tide and the points.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The last time Alabama was an underdog? The 2009 SEC championship game against Florida. The Tide was a 4.5-point dog and won 32-13.
Auburn (-20) vs. San Jose State
- It seems silly that we’re struggling to wonder if Auburn – preseason national championship and SEC title picks – could beat San Jose State at home by at least 20. But we did struggle. We still gave the points but, lordy, don’t open the wallet too much for this one.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Spartans are 0-6 against the spread in their last six road games.
Vanderbilt (+2.5) at Middle Tennessee State
- Boy, sure would have been nice to get this game when it opened at 4.5. We’ll settle for the 2.5. The Dores played well against Georgia and Ole Miss on the road. MTSU hung with Illinois. I know – that doesn’t mean much.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Dores are 5-0 against the spread in their last five games against C-USA.
Missouri (-3) vs. South Carolina
- You want to know how much faith I have in this pick? Zero. I have zero faith. Missouri will be starting backup quarterback Drew Lock after a suspension of Maty Mauk. The Gamecocks, though, are not good.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Tigers are 0-4 against the spread in their last four games overall.
LSU (-45.5) vs. Eastern Michigan
- The Tigers are paying EMU nearly $1 million for this game ($985,000 to be exact). It’s a good thing because it could get real ugly.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Tigers are 2-5 against the spread in their last seven games.
Arkansas (+6.5) at Tennessee
- It’s the “Oh Crap Bowl.” The Vols and the Hogs – both darkhorses to win their respective divisions – have combined to lose their last five games against FBS teams. Give me the points. Because that’s a lot of points.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The home team is 5-1 against the spread in their last six meetings.
Florida (+7) vs. Ole Miss [Take It To Da Bank]
- Goodness. The Gators are getting seven – seven! – points at home against an Ole Miss team that Vanderbilt put on the ropes last week? Sheesh. Go Gata.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Florida is 6-1 against the spread in its last seven games.
*There is no line on the Eastern Kentucky-Kentucky game.
Tracking Our Losses
- Record: 0-0-0
- Take It To Da Banks: 0-0