Les Miles grabbed Lloyd Cushenberry, gestured to him regarding an offensive line technique and then moved to Jakori Savage for the same instructions.
For the second straight day, Miles spent the entire portion of practice - at least the 15-20 minute window reporters are allowed to watch - working with freshman offensive linemen. Savage, Cushenberry, Willie Allen and Donavaughn Campbell are the rookie linemen.
Campbell was promoted to the morning group Saturday with the starters and veterans, but the other three practiced Saturday afternoon - under the watchful eye of Miles, the former Michigan offensive lineman.
Saturday's afternoon drills also likely marked the final day reporters would be allowed to watch a portion of each camp practice. The two camp practices Sunday are closed to the reporters, LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette said.
Other observations from Saturday afternoon's drills:
- Man, is Ed Alexander a big guy. If you scroll through the photos above, you'll know what we're talking about. Miles earlier this week called Alexander a "ready-made" nose tackle, and several players have raved about his size. Greg Gilmore on Saturday during interviews called Alexander "Rougarou," his nickname. Rougarou is a creature in Cajun folklore similar to a werewolf.
- LSU strengthened its video policy to the utmost degree on Saturday. No videoing was allowed of the afternoon practice. The Tigers are presumably working on the game plan against Wisconsin. Camp is likely shut down to reporters after three days, Bonnette indicated. Both practices Sunday are closed, as mentioned above. LSU conducts its first full-pad practice on Monday morning.
- QB: Justin McMillan, Lindsey Scott
- OL: Jakori Savage, Adrian Magee, Willie Allen, Lloyd Cushenberry
- WR: Dee Anderson, Stephen Sullivan, Drake Davis, Jazz Ferguson
- TE: Caleb Roddy, Jamal Pettigrew, Jacory Washington
- RB: Lanard Fournette, Nick Brossette
- FB: David Ducre
- DL: Glen Logan, Edwin Alexander
- OLB: Rahssan Thornton
- ILB: Devin Voorhies, M.J. Patterson
- DB: Xavier Lewis, Saivion Smith, Cameron Lewis, Kristian Fulton, Greedy Williams, Eric Monroe
- SPT: Connor Culp
Sheldon Mickles contributed to this report.