Cam Cameron squatted to the ground, plucked some grass from the practice field and tossed it into the air.
"Got to play the wind!" he gestured to quarterbacks Justin McMillan and Lindsey Scott.
A storm rolled across Baton Rouge, interrupting the Tigers' practice Friday afternoon and sending them indoors for the final hour. Reporters, allowed to view about 10-20 minutes of each practice, were watching when dark clouds and a driving wind moved into the area.
Passes from Scott, a true freshman, and McMillan, a redshirt freshman, floated away from their receivers as the wind tore across the practice field. Like a golfer judging the wind before his tee shot, Cameron tossed grass into the wind to prove his point to the young QBs.
Other observations from practice:
- "Big Leonard," Fournette's father, watched practice from the sideline on Friday afternoon. Lanard Fournette, Fournette's younger brother, participated in the afternoon session of practice. His father watched his every move, even following the running back group to another field at one point.
- LSU prohibited reporters from videoing the offense, specifically the quarterbacks and receivers, during one period of practice. What happened during this period: receivers ran crossing patterns and quarterbacks delivered them the ball.
- LSU O-line coach Jeff Grimes likes for his linemen to play multiple positions - guard, tackle, center. He appears to be cross training the rookies. Freshman Jakori Savage was seen playing some center Friday. Willie Allen practiced at left tackle, and Lloyd Cushenberry was at right tackle.
Two new true freshmen made an appearance at Friday morning's second day of LSU camp: receive…
- QB: Justin McMillan, Lindsey Scott
- OL: Jakori Savage, Adrian Magee, Willie Allen, Lloyd Cushenberry
- WR: Dee Anderson, Stephen Sullivan, Tyron Johnson, Jazz Ferguson
- TE: Caleb Roddy, Jamal Pettigrew, Jacory Washington
- RB: Lanard Fournette, Nick Brossette
- FB: David Ducre
- DL: Glen Logan, Rashard Lawrence, Edwin Alexander, Sci Martin
- OLB: Rahssan Thornton
- ILB: Devin Voorhies, M.J. Patterson
- DB: Xavier Lewis, Saivion Smith, Cameron Lewis, Kristian Fulton, Greedy Williams, Eric Monroe
- SPT: Connor Culp
Glen Logan, Edwin Alexander, Seth Newsome (walk-on), Sci Martin
Dave Aranda works with his No. 3 group of inside linebackers, Devin Voorhies (35) and M.J. Patterson (56).
Sheldon Mickles contributed to this report.