The Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff football teams were in a holding pattern Monday, still awaiting disciplinary action from the Southwestern Athletic Conference after the fight that followed UAPB’s 22-21 win Saturday at Golden Lion Stadium.The conference issued a statement Monday afternoon saying it is “currently reviewing Saturday’s post-game altercation” and is “concerned and disappointed” that the afight happened, but is still working to obtain more video footage “before levying any actions.”

“No definite timeline has been set for a decision from the SWAC Office,” the statement concluded.

UAPB and Southern both have open dates this week.

UAPB hosts Grambling on Oct. 29. Southern hosts Alcorn State on Oct. 29.

The fight began at 8:54 p.m., just moments after UAPB blocked an extra-point attempt that would have tied the score with no time remaining in the fourth quarter. Though not every player was involved, dozens were in the middle of the brawl, which included punches and swinging helmets. The rowdiness wasn’t confined to the field, however.

Fans on the east side of the stadium were throwing soda and water bottles on to the field, and at least two people left Golden Lion Stadium in handcuffs.

The Jefferson County (Ark.) Sheriff’s Department arrested Michael Cooper, 23, of Jefferson County, for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, said Maj. Lafayette Woods, spokesman for the department. Cooper was also shown to have an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in Jefferson County Court.

Woods said he did not know whether Cooper was still in custody Monday.

Brittany Fisher, 20, also of Jefferson County, was cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct and released, Woods said.

As for the teams, coaches from both sides had little to add Monday.

Asked about the post-game fight during the SWAC’s weekly teleconference, UAPB coach Monte Coleman said: “I have no comments on that at all; I’m sorry.”

Coleman did add that all of his players “are doing fine at this time.”

Southern coach Stump Mitchell said he didn’t have any comment on what happened during the fight, but added: “I know it was an emotional football game by both teams, and whatever the SWAC decides to do, I’m sure it’s going to be fair and just. And whatever we as a university decide to do, I’m sure it’s going to be in line with what we think should be done.”