UPDATE: Mayor Mitch Landrieu has announced a mandatory citywide curfew from 6 p.m. on Saturday through "Sunday morning."
With tropical weather expected this weekend in New Orleans (really, Nate, really?) , we're starting to get word of cancellations and postponements. Here's a current list, which will be continuously updated.
• All branches of the New Orleans Public Library will close at 5 p.m. today and stay closed through the weekend.
• The Historic New Orleans Collection will close at 2 p.m. Friday and remain closed Saturday.
• The second annual Beignet Fest at New Orleans City Park, scheduled for this weekend, has been moved to Dec. 2.
• Algiers Fest? Canceled.
• Oktoberfest at Deutsches Haus? On for Friday night, off for Saturday.
The Ponderosa Stomp wrote in a tweet that the festival - at the Orpheum Theater Friday and Saturday nights - still is on. (This would be affected by the mandatory citywide curfew.) The Saturday night portion of the Stomp has been canceled, but Friday will go on.
• The New Orleans Opera's Sunday performance of Cavalleria Rusticana and Pagliacci has been cancelled.
• The New Orleans Jazz Museum's "Pennies From Heaven" patron party and gala, set for Saturday night, will be rescheduled sometime in March.
[jump] • Friends of City Park's Fall Garden festival has been canceled for Saturday and Sunday.
• The Southern Food & Beverage Museum's Cirque du Cuisine event has been postponed until Oct. 15.
• Dirty Coast's "Big Over Easy Brunch" fundraiser for cancer research, scheduled for this Sunday, has been rescheduled for Dec. 10 (and Dirty Coast points out that's a Sunday without a New Orleans Saints game).
• Fifi Mahony's Golden Years 20th anniversary has been rescheduled for Jan. 6.
• The French Quarter Business Association's graffiti cleanup, which was set for Saturday morning, has been canceled.
• A Bylyse trunk show at Jaci Blue on Magazine Street, which was set for Saturday, has been canceled.
• The Jefferson Parish Arts Society is canceling its weekend performances of Chicago. Contact the box office for ticket exchange.
• The ArtKlub's production of Mr. Burns set for Saturday night (the show's last night) has been canceled.
• Late Night Catechism at the Gretna Cultural Center for the Arts has rescheduled its Saturday performance to Sun. Oct. 22 at 6 p.m.
• Parkway Partners has canceled its annual fundraiser, The Feast, scheduled for Sunday at the New Orleans Board of Trade, and will reschedule it at a later date.
• The Southern Food & Beverage Museum (SoFAB) postponed its Cirque de Cuisine: A Kitchen Tour to 1 pm.-5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15. It was set for this Sunday.