The former top lawyer for First NBC Bank is expected to plead guilty next month to conspiring to defraud the New Orleans bank that collapsed in 2017. Read the full story
Mayor LaToya Cantrell defended her decision to lower the threshold for traffic camera tickets in New Orleans in a rare, in-person address to a City Council committee Monday morning. Read the full story
The Louisiana House of Representatives on Monday approved a bill that would ban the state from keeping victims of sexual harassment silent in settlements involving public funds. Read the full story
Freshwater intrusion from the Bonnet Carre spillway is damaging aquatic life in the Mississippi Sound, with 13 dead dolphins and 23 dead sea turtles found along the Mississippi Coast in the last two weeks. Read the full story
Rather than make prosecutors prove at a trial that he killed his ex-wife with an ax more than a year ago, a Chalmette man pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday morning. Read the full story
- Grace Notes: Best-selling Barbara Bush biographer to appear at Loyola event
- Our Views: Kicking the can down the road on tax reform in Louisiana
- Walt Handelsman: Cartoon Caption Contest Winners!
- Letters: Why not just truck migrants to Canada?
- Letters: Teacher groups would be better off merging
- Letters: Where was La. business community when higher ed was cut?
- Louisiana Spotlight: Louisiana governor's legislative agenda polls well
- Our Views: Easter story of hope endures