After shooting someone in Georgia and robbing an Alabama gasoline station at gunpoint, a man came to New Orleans’ French Quarter early Sunday, encountered a motorist who flashed his lights at him, and shot the driver nearly 20 times, including three to the head, police allege. Read the full story
Saints and Pelicans owner Gayle Benson did not mince words Monday when speaking about her NBA team. Read the full story
Louisiana taxpayers have spent more than $288,000 to pay the salaries both of two judges sidelined by sexual misconduct allegations and of their temporary replacements since May, and that figure is growing as investigations and court proceedings continue. Read the full story
A fire that started at a vacant home known to be frequented by squatters spread to neighboring apartments early Monday, displacing multiple residents who first learned of the blaze in New Orleans’ Central City neighborhood thanks to a heroic dog. Read the full story
Two people were found dead of apparent gunshot wounds at a Ponchatoula home Monday morning, according to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office. Read the full story
- Grace Notes: As Congress's debate over flood insurance drags on, FEMA gets ready to make a big change
- Our Views: Have taxpayers been cheated by a culture of corruption at the Department of Corrections?
- Walt Handelsman: New Cartoon Caption Contest Winners!
- Guest column: Want a fix for Louisiana's sad roads? Time for tolls, not gas taxes
- Letter: Louisiana doesn't have 'speed traps,' just law-breakers; the cops have it right
- Letters: Letters about minimum wage full of fallacies
- Our Views: In La. opioid crisis, key players get involved
- Our Views: Remembering La. role in moon landing