A man was rescued from a smoking building in the 1300 block of Elysian Fields Avenue by firefighters about 5:10 a.m. Tuesday, the New Orleans Fire Department reported.
When firefighters arrived at the boarded-up double shotgun house, they found a man yelling for help out of a rear second-floor apartment. A ladder was extended and the man was brought down.
The scene was cleared by 6:28 a.m. No injuries were reported, and the man left the scene shortly after he was saved. The Fire Department said the fire was likely caused by unattended smoking materials.