Here’s a list of area churches sponsoring Lenten fish fries.
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 329 S. Jamie Blvd. 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Every Friday in Lent except Good Friday. Menu: crawfish pies, fish, shrimp gumbo, shrimp, oysters and combo plates.
- OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP: 9016 La. 23. 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent, except Good Friday.
- ST. JOHN BOSCO: 2114 Oakmere Drive. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fish plate, $8; fish and shrimp plate, $9; shrimp plate, $10.
- ST. AGNES: 3410 Jefferson Highway. March 18. Menu: fish, shrimp, french fries, coleslaw and iced tea, $10.
- ASCENSION OF OUR LORD: 1809 Greenwood Drive, LaPlace. 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: adult plate – two large pieces of fish, Cajun boiled corn and Cajun boiled potatoes, $8. Children’s plate – one large piece of fish, Cajun boiled corn and Cajun boiled potatoes, $6.
- IMMACULATE CONCEPTION: 4401 Seventh St. 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Fridays. Menu: two or three large fillets, white beans and rice, salad and fresh bread, $8.
- OUR LADY OF DIVINE PROVIDENCE: 1000 N. Starrett Road. 5:15 p.m. all Fridays during Lent. Menu: fried fish, boiled potatoes, boiled corn and bread. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will be selling soft drinks and cookies.
- ST. ANN CHURCH & SHRINE: 4921 Meadowdale St. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 11. Menu: fish dinner, $8; shrimp dinner, $8; combination dinner, $10 — all served with choice of potato, Men’s Club Salad or garlic bread. Seafood gumbo, $5; cheese pizza by the slice, $1; fries, $1.
- ST. BENILDE: 1901 Division St. 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 11. Menu: fish plate, $11, $7 for children’s plates; soft-shell crab plate, $12; grilled redfish with shrimp cream sauce, $12; corn and crab bisque, $6; seafood gumbo, $5; fish taco, $6; Thai shrimp taco, $6; slice of pizza, $2; drinks, $1
- ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA: 105 Bonnabel Blvd. 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. March 11 and March 18. The St. Catherine of Siena Men’s Club holds the fish fries. Beer-battered fish, shrimp or combination plates, $9; soft shell crab plate, $12; pizza slice, $2. Seafood plates come with Italian salad, french fries and hushpuppies. Baked desserts and drinks are available at an additional cost.
- ST. EDWARD THE CONFESSOR: 4921 W. Metairie Ave. 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 11. Menu: fish and shrimp platter, fried fish platter, fried shrimp platter, blackened catfish dinner, crawfish pies, cheese pizza, french fries, children’s plates.
- ST. LOUIS KING OF FRANCE: 1600 Lake Ave. 4:30 p.m. March 4. Menu: fried fish, fried shrimp or combo plates served with french fries and coleslaw, $10.
- ST. MATTHEW’S UNITED METHODIST: 6017 Camphor St. 4:30 to 7 p.m. March 11. The members of the Mission Team will sponsor the dinner. Menu: fried catfish, boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, coleslaw and dessert. Adult meals are $8, and child meals are $4. Meals are available for eat-in or takeout. For tickets or more information, call the church office at (504) 888-1155.
- ALL SAINTS: Althea Holmes Center, 300 Ptolemy St. 11 a.m. every Friday during Lent. Menu: fried fish, potato salad or green salad, vegetable, baked macaroni, cake and bread.
- BLESSED TRINITY: 4230 S. Broad St. Noon to 4 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fried catfish, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, vegetable and dessert, $10.
- GOOD SHEPHERD: Blessed Pauline Center, 4219 Constance St. 7 p.m. every Friday through March 11. Menu: fish, french fries, vegetable, coleslaw, dessert and drink, $8; children’s plates, $6.
- MATER DOLOROSA: 1228 Carrollton Ave. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 18. Menu: fish, fries, macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, garlic bread and a soft drink, $8.
- ST. ANDREW: 3101 Eton St., Algiers. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. each Friday in Lent except Good Friday. The St. Andrew the Apostle Knights of Columbus Council No. 9107 hold its annual “Fish Fry Fridays.” Takeout orders start at 4:30 p.m. Menu items include: catfish platter, $9; shrimp platter, $9; combination platter, $9; gumbo, $5 (each platter includes hush puppies, fries, green beans and coleslaw).
- ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA: 4640 Canal St., New Orleans. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fish, french fries, hush puppies, vegetables and bread; or seafood gumbo with potato salad and bread, $8
- ST. DOMINIC: 6326 Memphis St. 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 11. Menu: fried fish, baked macaroni, green beans, coleslaw and brownie.
- ST. FRANCIS XAVIER: School cafeteria, 444 Metairie Road. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 18. Menu: fried fish, potatoes, salad and bread, $9, $6 for children’s plates; seafood gumbo, $6; cheese pizza, $1.
- ST. GABRIEL THE ARCHANGEL: 4700 Pineda St., New Orleans. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fish (fried or baked), macaroni and cheese, salad, vegetable, dessert and a soda, $10.
- ST. MARY OF THE ANGELS: 3501 N. Miro St., New Orleans. 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent except Good Friday. Menu: large piece fried fish, sweet peas, bread, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, dessert and drink, $10.
- ST. PIUS X: 666 Spanish Fort Blvd. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 18.
- ST. BERNARD: Iverson Hall, 2805 Bayou Road. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fish, shrimp, oysters (when available) and stuffed crabs, sides.
- OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS: 6851 River Road. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. March 11 and March 18. Menu: fried fish dinner or shrimp and okra dinner. Alternating specials such as shrimp and grits dinner or shrimp pasta Alfredo dinner or fish cake dinner.