A 33-year-old man said he was attempting to leave a home in New Orleans East with his child when he was dragged back inside and stabbed by a woman.
The incident occurred about 1 p.m. Monday in the 7800 block of S. Coronet Court, according to a report from New Orleans police.
The man told police he and a woman were involved in an argument before he attempted to leave with his child and belongings. He told the woman dragged him back inside by his collar, grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed him after a fight, according to the report.
The woman and child then fled.
In other matters handled by local authorities:
• A shooting that erupted during a drug deal in Ironton over the weekend left three men wounded and resulted in the arrests of five people, the Plaquemines Parish Sheriff's Office said late Monday. The shooting occurred about 5:55 p.m. Saturday on Giraud Street. None of the bullet wounds were life-threatening, the Sheriff's Office said.
• New Orleans police on Monday arrested three men accused of stealing more than 50 expensive, Yeti-brand coolers both in Texas and Louisiana.
Police arrested 29-year-old Demetrius Johnson, 20-year-old Anthony Jackson and 18-year-old Leon Gamble at a hotel in the 8400 block of the Interstate 10 Service Road in New Orleans East after receiving a tip from Houston police that the men were in this area.
Johnson was found holding a Yeti cooler next to a vehicle packed with similar coolers.
Investigators said they also recovered stolen Adidas-brand clothes; the property was worth about $16,000 total. Thirty-two of the coolers had been stolen in Louisiana and 20 in Texas.
Johnson, Jackson and Gamble were suspected of stealing from stores in Baton Rouge and Slidell the night before their arrest. They were also wanted in more than a dozen thefts in Texas, police said.
Police booked the three on possession of stolen property.
• A woman said she was carjacked about 9 p.m. Monday at North Villere and Kerlerec streets, in the 7th Ward, according to an NOPD report. The woman said a man approached her vehicle, opened the door and demanded she get out. She complied and the man fled in the vehicle.
• The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office on Tuesday identified 27-year-old Jonathan Smith as the man who was fatally shot at Gen. Ogden and Marks streets in the Carrollton area on March 8.
• New Orleans police on Tuesday said they are still searching for a gray, 2004 four-door Nissan Maxima stolen at gunpoint on March 9 at the corner of Music and Treasure streets in St. Roch.
• New Orleans police on Tuesday released a photo of a man suspected of snatching a woman's phone from her hand about 3:55 p.m. Sunday in the Warehouse District.
• About 10:30 a.m. Monday, a woman reported to investigators near Queisser Street and Weaver Avenue in New Orleans East that she was raped by a man she didn't know.