A fourth man was jailed Monday in connection with an incident in which a Tulane University student and a friend reported being raped at a home near the campus. 

Tulane student Matthew Farrell, 22, of Potomac, Maryland, surrendered to authorities a few days after police had booked U.S. Marine Corps members Alexander Davenport, Antonio Landrum and Jared Anderson. 

Farrell is accused of sexually assaulting the two women; he faces a pair of first-degree rape counts.

At a bail hearing Monday, his attorney described him as a senior at Tulane and a cadet in the school's Army ROTC. 

The two women and four men apparently were all out drinking on April 14. The women then took a ride with Landrum to a home in the 6100 block of South Claiborne Avenue, where one of the women lived, while the other three men apparently stayed behind.

According to court records, Landrum, 18, had consensual sex with one of the women. However, the other woman, the one who lived at the home, accused him of raping her.

Landrum then invited the other men over, with Farrell giving Davenport, 20, and Anderson, 18, a ride to the home.

From there, Farrell and Davenport are accused of raping both women.

The resident woman said she went to another part of the house and had consensual sex with Anderson at one point. But Anderson is accused of also raping the guest, who said she started blacking out after her consensual encounter with Landrum but could recall being attacked, police said in documents filed in Criminal District Court. 

Davenport, like Farrell, faces two counts of first-degree rape; Anderson faces one such count. That crime usually involves overcoming a victim's resistance to sex with force or with the help of other participants, and it carries mandatory life imprisonment upon conviction. 

Landrum faces one count of third-degree rape, which happens when a victim is too intoxicated to give legal consent. That crime can carry up to 25 years in prison but has no mandatory minimum punishment. 

The Marine suspects all are based in the Federal City section of Algiers. Pfc. Landrum and Lance Cpl. Anderson are assigned to the Force Headquarters Group at the base known as the Marine Corps Support Facility New Orleans. Lance Cpl. Davenport is assigned to the 4th Marine Logistics Group at that base. 

All four men turned themselves in to police after learning investigators had obtained warrants to arrest them.

Criminal District Court Magistrate Brigid Collins set Farrell's bail at $100,000 at a hearing Monday.

During the hearing, his attorney, Kara Larson, asked Collins to consider "inconsistencies" in the allegations against Farrell and the other men before setting his bail. For example, Larson said, authorities initially said the women reported being raped by either six or seven men, though the investigation has led to only four arrests. 

Anderson was out of jail on $50,000 bail by Monday evening. Davenport and Farrell remained in custody in lieu of $100,000 bail each. Landrum was behind bars in lieu of $25,000 bail. 

Police said they were able to identify the suspects with the help of surveillance video and text messages sent to one of the women by Anderson and Landrum.

Anderson and Landrum spoke with police, but the other two men did not, according to court records. 

WWL-TV reporter Danny Monteverde contributed to this report. 

Follow Ramon Antonio Vargas on Twitter, @RVargasAdvocate.

(504) 636-7433