A motorcyclist has died and two passengers in a vehicle were injured after a crash in Algiers on Thursday, according to New Orleans Police.
Around 11 a.m. near the corner of MacArthur Boulevard and General DeGaulle Drive, police said a man driving a motorcycle "at a high rate of speed" collided with a silver Mercedes-Benz that was turning left onto MacArthur.
An unidentified woman and passenger inside the vehicle are in a stable condition at an area hospital.
The man's identity hasn't been released.
In other matters recently handled by local authorities:
• Police released more details Thursday about a shooting in New Orleans East the previous day.
The 32-year-old victim was sitting in his driveway in the 7800 block of Sun Street when an unidentified man came up to him, shot him in the leg and fled, police said.
• About 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 9500 block of Sheephead Street on the edge of the Seabrook neighborhood, a woman reported being raped by a man she knew, New Orleans police said.
• A 29-year-old woman was arrested and a 30-year-old man is wanted in connection with a robbery of jewelry at gunpoint in the 6800 block of Parc Brittany Boulevard in New Orleans East, police said. Dominique Mullens is wanted, and Kaytronnie Hunter was arrested.
The 30-year-old victim went to meet Hunter when Mullens approached, pulled a gun out and demanded jewelry, police said. The victim fled into an apartment complex before police nabbed Hunter and began looking for Mullens, officers said.
• A 64-year-old man was robbed of his car by two men who approached him in his vehicle, ordered him out and drove off in his blue Dodge truck at the corner of Jackson Avenue and Baronne Street in Central City about 2:15 a.m. Thursday, police said.
• A 24-year-old man was standing on his front porch when he heard gunfire and was hit by at least one bullet in the 1900 block of Frenchmen Street in the 7th Ward about 2:45 a.m. Thursday, New Orleans police said. Paramedics took the victim to a local hospital for treatment.
• A 15-year-old boy from LaPlace was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly tried to rob a man of his shoes at gunpoint, the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.
The incident occurred in the 1800 block of Lee Drive, the Sheriff's Office said.
• New Orleans police arrested Corey Harris, 19, Wednesday in connection with the killing of Tyneisha Muse about 7 p.m. March 29 in the 3500 block of North Prieur Street.
Muse was found suffering from an unknown number of gunshot wounds and was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. A second victim, a man, was shot in the back and transported to a hospital.
NOPD Homicide Unit detectives identified Harris as a suspect, and he was arrested in the 8500 block of the North Interstate 10 Service Road. He was booked on second-degree murder.