A McDonald's restaurant and a bicycle taxi driver were among the victims of at least three robberies reported in New Orleans on Wednesday, police said.
Cash was snatched out of the register of the McDonald's in the 3400 block of South Carrollton Avenue in the area commonly referred to as Hollygrove when a man walked in, confused the cashier by changing his initial order, and then reached over the counter about 9:15 p.m., police said.
About 15 minutes later, an unidentified man grabbed a 26-year-old woman driving a bike taxi in the 1300 block of Royal Street in the French Quarter by the wrist, swiped her fanny pack and fled, according to police.
A third robbery reported Wednesday occurred about 11:55 a.m. at the corner of Benefit Street and Oliver White Avenue in the Desire neighborhood, where a woman counting her money had her cash snatched from her by a man riding a bicycle, police said.
In other cases handled recently by local authorities:
• Bionka Fobbs, 25, surrendered Wednesday on allegations that she obstructed justice as New Orleans police investigate the shootout on Magazine Street last month that wounded its two participants as well as one bystander, New Orleans police said.
Police had named Fobbs earlier in the week as the latest of multiple suspects in the gunfire that erupted in the 1900 block of Magazine Street in the Lower Garden District on Aug. 25. She was allegedly at the scene of the incident and fled in a 2008 Mazda MZ6 with black rims and a Louisiana license plate reading ZCF759.
The two participants, James Alexander Jr. and Trej'on Hughes, have been jailed in the case. Police have said Alexander is affiliated with the notoriously violent Byrd gang of Central City.
A 21-year-old man named Chance Skipper has also been booked on allegations of being an accessory after the fact to attempted murder in connection with the case.
The bystander, hairstylist Cameron Perschall, has said he is facing multiple months of recovery after police said a stray bullet fractured his hip.
• Kathy Burton, 49, was jailed after a 56-year-old man grabbed the blade of a knife she was allegedly wielding and cut himself during an argument in the 3600 block of Bennett Street in Algiers about 6:10 a.m. Wednesday, New Orleans police said. Paramedics treated the wounded man at the scene of the incident.
• The New Orleans coroner's office on Thursday identified a woman slain in Central City on Monday as 35-year-old Giggie Blount. Blount was found in a parking lot of an apartment complex after she had been shot, and she was later pronounced dead at a hospital, New Orleans police said.
• About 4:50 a.m. Thursday, a woman at the corner of South Rampart and Canal streets in downtown New Orleans told police that she was raped by a man she knew, authorities said.
• Police on Thursday said they arrested Negus Green, 20, on allegations that he beat a woman, pointed a shotgun at her face, and broke her laptop by flinging into the ground during a domestic dispute a day earlier in the 12000 block of I-10 Service Road in New Orleans East.
• The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office on Thursday said a man was robbed at gunpoint in the 1100 block of Tallow Tree Lane in Harvey a day earlier. He wasn't injured, but no other details were immediately released, the Sheriff's Office said.
• New Orleans police said they jailed Eric Perry, 38, on Thursday on allegations that he was pulling on door handles at the corner of Everglades and Yellowstone drives in Aligers and was holding a purse taken from an unlocked car. He also had property taken during a separate car break-in nearby, police alleged.
• New Orleans police on Thursday released surveillance camera photos of a man they suspect broke into a car Sept. 4 in the 500 block of South Miro Street in Mid-City.