Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
2. Classified: Not the fastest but might be loose on the lead.
3. Fifty Shades: Ran two good ones in Kentucky and gets easier Monday.
1. Reeces Wildcat: Ran a nice 2nd over this track last out.
4. Run Freely: Likes to run 2nd — 5 out of 12.
7. Notte d’Oro: Some really fast morning trials in Kentucky point to talent.
2. Dreaming of Kitten: Best turf sire in recent memory — Kitten’s Joy.
4. Bayou Bandit: An eventful first out — graduates today with clean trip.
2. Crecentcitycowboy: First start but catches weak field.
1. Marlenes Love: Winner of only turf race — nice run last out.
5. I’m in Harlan: Never been worse than second in four turf starts.
3. Eugenes Moment: Drop in class should be just the ticket today.
9. Here’s Bob: Winner over track in last will be closing late.
10. Zarby’s Derby Day: Last out winner will be close early.
1. Miss Sweetness: Really nice race last out with powerful closing kick.
2. Starship Duchess: Speed to burn but will have company on front.
7. With a Twist: Will be closing late if speed falters.
5. Caballo Del Cielo: Mimics recent winners on form for Asmussen.
3. Well Mannered: Very professional win in last — could improve.
10. Danielle’s Way: Comes out of production maiden event – working well.
8. Talley Me Up: Moved to front in last and tired — more fit today.
3. Slew City Lou: Big effort first out in last and gets Rosie back.
Around The Track
It’s the holidays and everyone is looking for a little extra spending money for gifts so today we are taking some chances on some longshots picked on top. We’ve had good luck in the past around the holidays so let’s hope today is one of those days for some extra Happy Holidays.
We will tab Bayou Bandit in Race 4 as the best bet. He ran really well in his first start and any improvement today and he will find himself in the winner’s circle after the race. Good Luck.