Despite John Curtis’s 7-1 scoring run in the fourth quarter in Thursday’s quarterfinal game of the CYO Tournament at Holy Cross, the Jesuit Blue Jays held on to win 66-60.

Jesuit (2-0) will play the Brother Martin-Hahnville winner Friday in the 6 p.m. semifinal game at Jesuit.

Rob Weiss led the Blue Jays with a game-high 32 points while Hunt Conroy had 19. Evan Duhon had 11.

“We shot the ball real well; that’s what we did,” said Jesuit coach Chris Jennings. “We shot the ball well, for the most part. We didn’t turn the ball over. I thought we did a good job defensively.”

Kai Morgan led the Patriots (3-1) with 17 points while Richard Durant had 14.

“When they started pressuring, we handled it fairly well for us,” said Jennings. “I thought we handled it pretty well.”

Jesuit opened the fourth quarter with a 52-40 lead, but Curtis opened the fourth quarter with a 7-0 run, with Morgan and Durant scoring during that surge.

“We got a little energy out of some of the subs to make some steals and do some good things,” John Curtis coach Mike Krajcer said. “It’s hard to overcome some of the things that happened tonight.”

Curtis’s Jordan Holmes cut the lead to 49-40 when he scored with 3:11 left in the third. However, Weiss completed a three-point play with two seconds left to extend the Jesuit lead to 12.

In the fourth quarter, only four of Jesuit’s points came from field goals and the Blue Jays made 10 of their 20 shots from the foul line.

While both teams shot the ball more from the 3-point arc in the first half, both squads made three 3-pointers apiece in the second half.

Despite Curtis taking a two-point lead at the end of the first quarter, Jesuit opened the second with a 20-12 lead with 6:40 left in the half behind two consecutive 3-pointers. Following a Morgan basket from behind the 3-point arc, the Patriots cut the lead to 20-15 with 5:26 left.

After a Dawson Crosby 3-pointer and a putback by Jordan Holmes, Curtis cut the lead to 24-22 with 2:13 left.

Of Jesuit’s nine field goals in the first half, seven were from behind the 3-point arc. Five of Curtis’s field goals were 3-pointers.

In the first game, Holy Cross defeated Newman 53-46.