Different year, same results.

Haynesville added yet another trophy to its ever-growing trophy case on Friday with a 16-0 victory over Mangham to repeat as Class 1A champions in the LHSAA All-State Sugar Bowl Prep Classic at the Mercedes- Benz Superdome.

“This one feels even better,” senior James Jackson said. “Last year seemed almost like a given and we sorta knew we were going to win it. But this year we had to put in hard work.”

Jackson, a cornerback and receiver, was named Most Outstanding Player after scoring a touchdown and recording eight tackles.

It was the 17th state title for the Golden Tornado, second in Louisiana only to John Curtis.

“They are all special, ” Haynesville coach David Franklin said. “Last year was expected, but this year wasn’t.”

Franklin has combined with his father, the legendary Alton “Red” Franklin, to win 14 of those 17 titles. But this one came with him having to replace all 11 starters on offense and seven starters on defense from last year’s team.

“All week long all we heard was ‘Mangham, Mangham, Mangham,’ and I think they had heard enough of it,” Franklin said.

It was the second straight win over Mangham after beating the Dragons 42-21 in 2013.

Haynesville (14-1) led 16-0 after the first quarter, despite running just three offensive plays compared to Mangham’s 21 plays.

Mangham, which recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff, drove to the Haynesville 11-yard line but had to settle for a field goal. The low kick hit a Mangham lineman in the back, and Jackson scooped the ball up and sprinted 73 yards for a touchdown.

“We just had a bend but don’t break defense,” Franklin said. “We let them drive, but we never broke. That was the difference tonight.”

Haynesville didn’t take its first offensive snap until the 2:16 mark of the first quarter. It came after Jarnel Harris intercepted a pass, his first of three picks. Three plays later, KeAndre Harris broke loose for an 86-yard touchdown, somehow staying in bounds on the home sideline, for a run that gave the Tors a 16-0 lead.

It was the final score of the game as the defense did the rest.

It was the first shutout in the Class 1A state championship game since 1998, when Kentwood beat St. John 48-0.

Mangham had its chances but had two touchdowns called back.

The first, a 29-yard first half run by Jakarie Nichols, was nullified by a personal foul.

The second, a run by Abdullah Rhone, was called back because of a holding penalty.

“I thought we played our guts out, especially defensively,” Mangham coach Tommy Tharp said. “They made two big plays, and we made no big plays.”

Harris picked off his second pass with 5:37 left that ended in chance of a Mangham comeback and added a third pick with 3:13 remaining that all but sealed it.

Mangham finished 14-1 and was denied its chance for its first state title since winning the Class B title in 1956.