Monday marked the second meeting between the Brother Martin and St. Paul’s baseball teams in this young season, but the result wasn’t that much different from the first one.

The Crusaders (6-1) jumped out to an early lead and cruised to an 11-2 win over the Wolves in a nondistrict game at Maestri Field.

Brother Martin has outscored St. Paul’s 20-2 in the two games they’ve played this season.

“We’ve talked about just trying to stay focused for seven innings,” Brother Martin coach Mark Wisniewski said. “We got off to a good start, and we lulled a little bit, and we told them they have to pick it up.

“We swung it a little bit better in the latter part of the game, and I was happy with that response.”

The Crusaders jumped on St. Paul’s early to start Monday’s game, scoring four runs in the first inning despite only registering one base hit.

After scoring the first two runs of the game on an error and a sacrifice fly, Brother Martin’s first base hit came on a two-run single by outfielder Alex Guidry that made the score 4-0.

Two more errors by St. Paul’s (4-6) in the second inning helped the Crusaders increase their lead to 6-0, which was the story for much of the game.

The Crusaders drew eight walks and scored three runs off of the Wolves’ four errors.

Brother Martin’s first earned run of the game came on an RBI single by Mason Bonnaffons in the fifth inning, and Kevin Stretzinger’s solo home run highlighted a four-run sixth that boosted the Crusaders lead to 11-2.

LSU signee Blair Frederick led the way for the Crusaders, going 2-for-2 with an RBI, two walks, two stolen bases and two runs.

“We knew they were a good team and six runs wouldn’t be enough,” Frederick said. “We just continued staying patient at the plate, and we knew if we did that we would eventually break through, and it finally happened in that sixth inning.”

Brother Martin pitcher Keagan Gillies — a Tulane signee — was solid in his second start of the season, allowing one run on two hits and striking out one along the way. But Wisniewski decided to pull the senior after only three innings because of tightness in his back.

With Gillies going out of the game early for “precautionary reasons,” Brother Martin turned to Corey Cook to pick up the slack, and the freshman delivered.

Cook, after allowing a home run on his first pitch, lasted the remaining three innings of the game and didn’t allow any more hits and only walked one.

“I told (Cook) that if you pitch long enough, those kind of things happen,” Wisniewski said, referring to the home run Cook gave up. For a freshman to keep his composure after that and finish the game the way he did was really impressive.”