Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
7. Dumannis Action: Bred well for turf and ships from Hawthorne .
6. Friends With Money: Smart win going shorter and is speed of the race.
OFF TURF Selections: 8-6.
6. Teddy Roosevelt: Finally found the right level and comes right back.
5. Contrarian Bet: Amoss off the claim is a good bet anytime.
10. Saint Domenic: Not too tricky here — two good starts on turf tower over field.
6. Cases Ticket: Nice string of good works off layoff and drops to easier.
9. Our Faith: Have some faith that this one moves up on turf.
OFF TURF Selections: 2-6.
6. Rush of Faith: Ran second behind runaway winner and should come right back.
9. Lexham: Finished just behind the top choice and they should complete exacta today.
3. Cougar Bait: Loves this turf course and gets great setup today.
9. Tiger Run: Has run 2nd on this course twice before.
OFF TURF — 10 — Hero Force — hidden big race in last —11 — Populist Politics.
4. Premura: In a totally paceless race this one gets easy lead and coasts home.
2. Cora Mesa: Should show some speed from the rail from a sprint races.
3. Voodoo Spell: Very tough to beat if race on turf with a big win in last.
6. Forest Elf: Should improve out of last race on turf.
OFF TURF selection: 10-7.
7. Chorus: Nice tries at LAD and working well for return engagement.
8. Soul Eyes: Pretty quick works last spring and summer — upsetter?
4. Patooty: A nice effort first out and should improve for win today.
8. Etta J: Runs second and just can’t seem to find the winner’s circle.
Around the Track
One of the final cards of 2014 features a lot of competitive races so pay close attention to the odds of our selections and never take less than 8-5 on any of our choices. Our “seconds” continue to win at nice odds, so don’t forget that while the selections are for first and second betting on both choices or the second choice can be a profitable option as well.
Our Best Bet today will be in Race 6 — No. 4 — Premura. While not the fastest in the race this one gets a dream pace set up on paper and should get a clear lead and be able to get to the line first today. Good luck and may they all come home safely.