Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter:@BeychokRacing.
2. Silverdollardreams: Just missed at this level in last after a bit of traffic.
5. Silver Spun: Big win in last after dropping down to easier competition.
2. Fusaichi Flame: Likes the track & reunited with twice winning jockey.
6. War Eagle’s Return: Popular at the claim box moved to Pish barn now.
5. Mighty Nice Rags: Ok debut has nice workout last month — sneaky at a price.
2. Shesagraciouslady: Turf try was eventful but still ran well and gets new jock.
2. Harlan Punch: Horse is dropping to win after some near misses last summer.
1. He’s All Mine: Will likely be alone on the lead and trying to go wire to wire.
6. Emphatically: Broke maiden in November and has had plenty rest for this.
4. Senora Acero: Nice 2nd here in December — throw out last on dirt — fits big time.
4. Winning Argument: Not arguing with emphatic win in last — can repeat here.
2. Rose’s Asset: Will show speed on the buy back and drop down for Scherer.
4. Clairenation: Could get the garden trip today behind speed and pounce.
7. Wheatfield: Has the credentials on dirt but tries turf for second time today.
4. Laines Howdy Doody: The cutback to sprinting should be perfect today.
7. Annoy: Likely to get good position early and have lead into the stretch.
6. Agent Provocateur: In with state breds ran well over tough Ky Downs course.
13. Bermuda Star: Trainer is $ with first turf — ran in stake in last — big shot.
12. Snobliz: Entered in off the turf affair first out — ran well — turf helps here.
Around the track
Happy Mardi Gras. Hope everyone has a good ride that is riding in a parade and those that are on the other side of the rails hoping you catch all you can handle and haul Tuesday from Monday’s Krewe members. Racing resumes Thursday with first post time back to the regular 1:25 p.m. Everyone have a safe and happy Mardi Gras.
Our best bet today will be in Race 9 — an exacta box to go into the Lenten season. Let’s box the 6-12-13 in the finale. Good luck and may they all come home safely.