LANDOVER, Md. — The New Orleans Saints head into the bye week in a very different position than they thought they’d be two weeks ago.
A three-game winning streak is now a distant memory, replaced by a two-game losing streak that all but eliminates the Saints from playoff contention.
And questions will now begin to swirl again around the job security of Rob Ryan, Sean Payton’s plans at the end of the season and the future of the franchise.
Before taking time to turn the page, here’s a look at The Advocate’s coverage from the Saints’ dismal day in Washington.
- Defense overmatched in 47-14 loss to Washington, Saints head into bye facing questions again
- Underhill: After the Saints defense gets exposed again, major change must be coming soon
- Lewis: Ugly losses for Saints and Pelicans made this one difficult Sunday
- Saints offense comes to screeching halt after two quick strikes in Washington
- Notes: Setback for Keenan Lewis, Terron Armstead plays through pain, Tim Hightower returns and the Murphy plan
- FedEx Field security didn’t hamper fans or game
- Three and out: Don’t get your hopes up for remaining Saints’ season
- Lewis: Thumbs up, thumbs down