What exactly contributes to an A-List? Attitude, accomplishment, altruism? Well, yes; our list of influencers are rich in accolades and achievements. But what we most admire about this roster of creatives, professionals, and visionaries is their a…
What about New Orleans inspires you? That diversity and culture exist as best friends! It is quite possibly one of the most confident cities in that it exudes authenticity and charm by being exactly who it is in its most raw form. People are frien…
Describe what you love about what you do: I love what I do because it allows me to create and spark change within myself, my community and others as well as connect with people on a spiritual, cosmic level. Over the years I have strived to develop…
Describe what you love about what you do: I love what I do because it's the coolest job in the world. I get to look fly and do poems! No...seriously, I find it rewarding because people become freer when hearing these poems and songs; they leave th…
Describe what you love about what you do: I love incorporating hospitality, food and drinks to create joyful communities of people. As everything has moved online, we do not get together with each other nearly enough. Our spots are all based upon …
What about New Orleans inspires you? New Orleans has a spirit unlike any I have ever been around. It's a spirit of resilience and resolve that has been forged by tough times followed by victory. One cannot spend time in this region without sensing…
Name something about New Orleans that always puts you in a good mood: Costuming. I love a good costume and I'm grateful to live in a world in which a costume closet is a necessity.
New Orleans is proud to call Patricia Clarkson one of our own. Not only is she one of the most gifted actresses of our time, with an accolade-filled career in film, theatre, and television, she is generously devoted to her hometown. In her accepta…
Describe what you love about what you do: I've pursued a lot of things, but now I know my purpose was always telling stories, be it on a page or through a visual medium. With both practices, it's the connecting with people, often strangers, and th…
Describe what you love about what you do: I am committed to making art and the museum accessible to as broad an audience as possible. When our visitors discover the wonder of art, it is the ultimate reward.
Describe what you love about what you do: I've been designing more and more custom pieces for my clients and it's my favorite part of what I do. I have a five-step design process to nurture collaboration and define what my client finds beautiful. …
Describe what you love about what you do: I get to lead an institution that transforms lives. Loyola is the reason my own family went from coal mining to university president in two generations.
Describe what you love about what you do: At the end of the day, I get to make people happier. Our mission is to help people live healthier and happier lives because happiness is directly linked to health and wellness. The experiences that stand o…
Describe what you love about what you do: I love that every job and experience with my clients is different than the last. It's very rewarding to work on the most important place in most people's lives -- where they build families and create impor…
Describe what you love about what you do: My passion is putting people and ideas together. We represent a variety of clients from national companies to dedicated non-profit organizations. I feel like I have the most interesting job there is as thr…
What about New Orleans inspires you? The creative and entrepreneurial energy in this city is what inspires me. Between the creative community and the entrepreneurial ecosystem here, New Orleans represents nirvana for “creators” of all kinds in a c…
- Watch Skylar Mays' monster dunk in LSU's big win over Memphis
- Louisiana GDP rises again in second quarter, outpaces nation
- With frigid temperatures expected, Ascension Parish warns customers to conserve, says water tanks
- Man accused of arson after August motor home fire on Florida Blvd
- Governor responds to claims of illegal voting, voices 'very serious concerns' about interim secretary of state
- Disputes continue as Baton Rouge Metro Council crafts guidelines on tax breaks for industry
- With Ascension sheriff to step down, chief deputy Webre to run; Painter remains mum
- Donna Britt honored as 2018 Golden Deeds Award recipient: 'Donna's favorite hobby is volunteering'
- Eunice-based Riceland Crawfish announces $3 million addition
- Baton Rouge teacher killed by 18-wheeler while helping crash victim on Mississippi highway
- Boy, 13, pleads not guilty in shooting death of Baton Rouge first-grader
- Livingston Sheriff says he will 'go back to the drawing board' on school safety proposal
- Judge orders new election for Maringouin mayor; incumbent lost by 4 votes but cites 11 'illegal' votes
- Clinton mayor, former police chief plead not guilty to abuse of office charges; further charges possible
- Sparks fly in District 2 School Board debate; Baton Rouge constable candidates refrain from attacks
- Wayde Sims' parents: Love, support after Wayde's death beyond words, but 'remember to smile'
- Recount confirms 4-vote win for St. James Parish School Board member
- Arrest made after threats closed Hammond High Magnet School for two days, school system says
- Trial date set for Greenwell Springs man accused of fatally shooting two Baker men
- Teen arrested in Hammond High threats; school reopens Wednesday after 2-day shutdown
- Who can play Rice and still redshirt? A breakdown of LSU's possibilities under new NCAA rule
- Elderly woman rescued from Baton Rouge hotel fire Tuesday morning, officials say
- Grace Notes: HBO's John Oliver paints Scott Angelle as one of Washington's true swamp creatures
- White Star Market: New sushi/poke spot coming, Chow Yum Phat takes over Jolie Pearl Oyster location
- No luck: Alabama cancels oyster season after steep decline in state waters
- Church offices in Alabama, Mississippi to release names of clergy accused of sex abuse
- Audit: Louisiana may have misspent $85M in Medicaid program
- Apartments, condos, redevelopment of the historic Hotel Lincoln set for downtown Baton Rouge
- LSU stays put in the College Football Playoff rankings after win vs. Arkansas
Maybe you have a type of event in mind?
COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The LSU football team was short four injured starters Thursday night for its regular-season finale at Texas A&M. Read more