The Camp Street building was dedicated on May 14, 1924.
New Orleans Know-It-All
The drive-in with the shortest life span was the Kenner Drive-In on Airline Highway. It opened in March 1955 and was destroyed by Hurricane Flossy 18 months later.
The murals are the work of local artist and designer Gordon Linge.
This week marks the 75th anniversary of D-Day, a pivotal event in World War II history that has important ties to New Orleans.
In May 1969, the family which had made a name for itself at Brennan’s on Royal Street announced its purchase of Commander’s Palace. Emile Commander founded the Garden District restaurant in 1893.
Maison Maurice was located at 811 Canal St. next to the former D.H. Holmes department store.
Manning, who wore No. 8, became a beloved quarterback for the Saints at a time when the losing team was not easy to love.
Pan Zareta and Black Gold loom large in Fair Grounds history as two of the most successful horses to race at the track.